Reading Time: 4 minutes
For any business to thrive, you have to protect and boost your reputation, whether online or offline. Whenever people search for your brand online, the search results such as your website and other reviews from different social media channels would show whether you are doing a great job at keeping a positive reputation score.
👉 The Modern Marketer’s Quick Guide to Email Marketing [Download Ebook]
It’s a challenge for many brands and even individuals online to keep their reputation spotless and excellent. The key is not having a perfect reputation, though, but maintaining and improving a good reputation score enough to keep your audience on your side of the fence for many years.
Email sender reputation is crucial to ensuring that your email gets right into the inboxes of your target audience and not in the spam or junk folders. This is a metric that comprises various reputation factors such as content IP and domain. This determines the quality of mail delivery, depending on your reputation score. This also defines your status to mailbox providers and cues them as to whether you are a desirable or undesirable sender which in turn affects email deliverability. This, therefore, determines the success of your email campaigns.
Knowing how crucial email sender reputation is for your brand, it is recommended to use a service for email validation that helps clean up the email list and send emails to valid email addresses so it can be sent right into the inboxes and decrease the probability of your emails landing in the Spam folder. This helps cement your status of having a good sender reputation.
Your email sender reputation is determined by the email sender reputation score that an Internet Service Provider assigns to a business or company. The higher the score, the higher the probability of your email deliverability is too.
Many factors determine your email sender reputation. Your reputation score may change for every IP address and also the email address you use. The effectiveness of your email strategy can be affected by these complex factors surrounding your email sender reputation, such as the following:
1. Quality of email list: Validating your email list to ensure that all email addresses are real and belong to existent users helps you maintain a positive sender reputation score with mailbox providers. This is why you should use a proper email validation API, as it can help you quickly check if the email addresses are legitimate. Your reputation score can suffer if you are labeled as a bad emailer with all the bounces you get from a bad email list.
2. Sending history: Having an established history with a particular IP address will boost the legitimacy and reputation score of your emails, which means the sender, messages, and recipients are all coming from a legitimate plane. Spammers would often change IP addresses and cannot, therefore, establish a long and reputable sending history with IPs.
3. Consistency and volume of emails: The number of emails plus your consistency in sending them would be a gauge of your legitimacy and reputation as well. This shows stability and predictability in terms of your sending volume and activities. Mailbox providers and Internet Service Providers also look into our sending patterns and frequency to determine if you are still on the right track or have resorted to being spammy.
4. Open rates or engagement: This is a new metric that records subscriber activity or checks into the interactions with your emails such as the open or click-through rates. This is very important because mailbox providers value the preferences of their subscribers. Your emails could be filtered out if there is a very low response rate or no interactions at all.
5. They are marked as SPAM: Mailbox providers would take a cue on their subscriber’s preferences whenever they receive emails. So, if your email messages are always or consistently marked as Spam, then this feedback would result in your emails being screened or placed in the Spam or Junk folder. Moreover, this is not the place that you want your emails to be.
To protect your email sender reputation, you must always follow the best practices in your email activities. Here are some ways to do that:
1. Manage a good email list: Learn how to validate and screen emails with the use of a service for email validation. Maintain a clean list to reduce bounce rates and increase successful email delivery rates. Managing an excellent compilation of valid email addresses would help improve your email sender’s reputation score.
2. Track your email deliveries: It is essential to regularly check your email response rates and bounce rates to prevent any failures in delivering email messages.
3. Send confirmation emails: Include opt-ins where you send automatic confirmation emails to subscribers. This helps you pinpoint valid email addresses from nonexistent ones.
Basically, protecting your email sender reputation is easy when you take heed of best practices. Ensuring that your email messages are engaging and interesting helps you get more clicks and open rates. Attracting more interaction to your email messages sends a signal to mailbox providers that you have a legitimate and professional organization. Taking care of your email sender reputation is similar to how you protect your reputation as an individual and organization. This is why you would need a service for email validation in your business.
Stacking up on the positive activities and reviews will help build and solidify your branding strategy to send a message that is relatable and understood by your subscribers.
Would you like to learn more about MoEngage email or get a demo?
Here’s What You Can Read Next