New! Southeast Asia User Retention Benchmarks Report 2019 For E-Commerce is Here
By akshatha-kamath Published: #php echo get_post_time("H:s \G\M\T"); ?>14 November 2019 | Updated: #php echo get_post_modified_time("H:s \G\M\T"); ?>15 November 2019
- The common reasons for the e-commerce app uninstall in SEA.
- Data-backed insights(behavioral & technical) to optimize your app engagement strategy.
- Best practices that can be adopted to maximize user retention.
Southeast Asia is home to the world’s most active internet users. Tokopedia, Go-Jek, Bukalapak, are some of the many billion-dollar tech startups that lead the e-commerce space in Southeast Asia. Despite the skyrocketing growth story, e-commerce apps in the region are fighting user retention challenges.
There are several technological and behavioral traits that trigger the app uninstalls. Presenting, the MoEngage Southeast Asia e-commerce Benchmarks Report that gives you an overview of user retention trends and benchmarks for this region.READ THE REPORT
The MoEngage Southeast Asia E-Commerce Benchmarks Report 
We evaluated the behavior of 2.2 million e-commerce app users in SEA, spread over a 90-day period. The results of the study are encapsulated in the MoEngage Southeast Asia eCommerce Benchmarks report .
Detailed Analysis of the factors influencing app uninstalls
The overall uninstall trends for e-commerce apps in SEA over the last quarter indicate that for all the users who installed e-commerce apps between D0 – D30, only 27.36% of users are retained at the end of the 90-day period.
A deep-dive into the day-of-week trends shows that most users are likely to uninstall e-commerce apps on Sundays.
To understand why users uninstall e-commerce apps, we analyzed various physical and behavioral attributes. Our study found that physical attributes such as the device OS, manufacturer, the city can be contributors to your app user retention strategy.
Also, there’s a direct correlation between the number of sessions, transactions, and push notifications that a user receives that can influence retention.
Want to know what all of this means to your app? Download the report to get a peek into the various factors influencing e-commerce app user retention. That’s not all. We’ve also included ways to use this data and build an effective retention strategy for your e-commerce app.READ THE REPORT
What you should do next?
1. If you want to read an Industry Study on E-Commerce in Indonesia: Learn how Tokopedia boosted their first time conversions by 20%
2. If you want to schedule a product demo: Get in touch with your details here.
3. Prefer hearing from our partners? Head to our Customer Stories section that tells their success stories.
4. If you’re interested in being part of an upcoming webinar: Click here and be a part of our insight driven sessions run by the who’s who of industry.